Church marriage

Church marriage takes place either in the church or with other religious communities where a minister is authorised to carry out the marriage procedure.


If you want to get married in a state church, one of you will have to be a member of the Danish State Church (Folkekirken). The wedding must be attended by at least two witnesses.

If you have entered a civil marriage at a town hall, you can get your marriage blessed by a minister of the Danish State Church. If you wish to receive a blessing, approach the minister you wish to receive the blessing from.